Find Me Elsewhere

Friday, August 24, 2012

Make it at Home: French Onion Chicken

I've been making super awesome meals a lot lately, and I'm finding that I like creating my own recipes and cooking. Anyway, here's how I made French Onion Chicken:


You'll need:
  • One Lemon
  • One Lime
  • Four Chicken Breasts
  • Half of a Large Onion
  • Baby Carrots
  • Half of a Pepper
  • Three Medium to Large Potatoes
  • Six Mushrooms
  • Rosemary Seasoning
  • Garlic Seasoning
  • Salt
  • One can of Campbell's French Onion Soup/Gravy

 
Chop up the potatoes and boil the pieces with the carrots for 5-7 minutes. Chop the mushrooms, onions, and the pepper and put in the bottom of a large greased pan. You can add some spices if desired. Also, cut the lemon and lime in half. Take one half of each and slice it up.
 
 
 
 
In a small frying pan, let the gravy simmer with about 1/3 of a can of milk. The milk makes more gravy and helps thicken it a little. I also added about a tablespoon of butter, but that's optional. Put the spices in the gravy as well. I like to season each component a little bit so that everything has a common flavor.
 



Slice each chicken breast in half sideways and put in two slices each of lemon and lime, and you guessed it, spice it up. I put all of the breasts on our George Foreman grill for about a minute, but if you don't have one, you can just pan fry it for a minute or two on each side. I didn't cook it all the way through, I just wanted to get the outside started.

 
Then it's everything into the pan topped in gravy to bake at 375 degrees or until chicken is cooked through.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment