Find Me Elsewhere

Friday, August 31, 2012

Who Knew We Actually had Good Food Around Here?!

As I mentioned in my review of Twisted Spoon Frozen Yogurt and Desserts, they are owned by another local, successful restaurant. When I sent the review of Twisted Spoon to the manager there, he found out I'd never tried Circa 81 (the place that owns TS), he gave me a coupon for a free appetizer to go try Circa. I was psyched. I immediately went to Circa 81's website to check out their menu. They are unlike anything we have around here, and you can tell just by looking online. Not only is the name itself unique, but the dining experience is as well. The restaurant is filled with beautiful tables and romantic lighting.


As you can see through the entryway, there is a full bar with seating. It's a small space, but I think they placed everything well so you aren't tripping over tables.

For our free appetizer, we got a plate of pork pot stickers, and let me tell you, they were divine. There were five on the plate, and we fought over the last one, before cutting it in half and splitting it. We demolished all five in about two minutes.


We were deciding what to eat and we had previously noticed they had small, medium, and large plates listed online. We both thought some of the sandwiches on the medium plate menu looked good. We got the menu and there was no medium section to be found, we asked the waitress and she explained that the medium plates were generally a lunch menu, but she was nice enough to let us order anyway. I will take this time to also explain how great the staff was too, I always say thank you to drink refills and such, cause my momma taught me manners, and at most places I get a passing glance, but our waitress was very genuine. I settled on The Havana which is described on their menu as "Thinly sliced ham and turkey with cream cheese and spicy fruit jelly, served on a sub roll and grilled Cuban style" I was a little apprehensive, I've never tried anything like this. Meat with cream cheese and jelly? I got it with a side of potato salad. Bryan got the Circa 81 club which is "Your choice of turkey, roast beef, or chicken with lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, mustard, onion, bacon, and Havarti cheese, on grilled white bread" he chose roast beef, and got a side of homemade fries, I was also a little nervous about these too, because homemade fries are easy to screw up and become to crunchy and inedible. When Bryan and I got our sandwiches the were already neatly cut in half, so we traded one half each so we could have some of both. These were the best sandwiches I've ever eaten! I'm not lying. I cannot describe the party in my mouth when I bit into my sandwich and got some ham, turkey, jelly, and cream cheese. So good. SO GOOD! And the heartiness of Bryan's pick was awesome. Oh, and the potato fries? Perfect! Great prices for their lunch menu, and I can't wait to try the dinner menu.

Left side: The Havana
Right side: Circa 81 Club
Back: Yummy Potato salad

Perfectly cooked home fries
 
Bryan double fisting the sandwiches. He was
trying to figure out which was better.
He couldn't decide.
 
I am delighted that we have such a unique locally owned place. Most of what we do have are chain restaurants, not the best either. Circa 81 is definitely a must try!
 
Post mouth party bliss

 

No comments:

Post a Comment