Find Me Elsewhere

Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Friendly Market

I recently rediscovered a local farmer's market in our small town. I've seen it before, but I'd never been to it. It's actually been here for five or so years, but it's on a back street that I don't go on often, so I had forgotten all about it. Since I've been cooking more and more in the past few months I've noticed that veggies and other produce at the store are expensive, and while reading other blogs saw a few posts here and there about trips to a market and I was so jealous, but now I don't have to be because I have one! It's called The Friendly Market in Morehead City. I was so excited when we stopped while running some other errands. It's full of produce and plants, and they even have a small kitchen, sadly when we went the kitchen was closed so I didn't get to go in, but it's adorable.



They even placed little picnic tables outside. All of the plants there are so pretty. I found some beautiful balloon flowers and they also had a little waterfall/pond area too.

The waterfall/pond is small, but it's in the bottom right picture.
 
 Top left: Balloon Flower
Top right: mums! (fall is coming!)
 
Bryan looking at plants
 
I think what I was most excited about was the produce that Quinn's farm brings to the market. The lady there said that she wished I could take pictures on a different day because she would be getting more of a variety later in the week, but I loved what I saw.
 
 Everything looked so yummy.
 
 
I was amazed at the prices too. Bryan and I ended up getting two large, beautiful onions, three bell peppers, seven peaches, and a bunch of chili's and jalapenos. We only spent ten bucks! You can't beat that, I know at a grocery store I probably would have paid double that.


















All in all, we had a great visit to The Friendly Market, and I can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment