Find Me Elsewhere

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

An Outfit I'm Willing to Try: Statement Blazer

I know it's been a while since I last blogged, but my laptop charge cord has been devoured by a furry beast and it may be a while until I can get a new one. So, I hacked boyfriend's desktop to update you guys on my fall clothes wish list.

I didn't really get into wearing blazers until about two years ago. I didn't really like layering and wearing jackets unless I had to because I felt so constricted in them. But, honestly, you just have to find the right fit for you. I found a white and gray pinstriped blazer that came with a skinny blue belt at Sears on clearance, and I loved it. Though I have yet to wear it with the belt, I have plans to this fall/winter.

That is what inspired this outfit combo below. I recently got a long sleeve yellow shirt, and I think it would go very well with my blazer and possibly my brown corduroy skirt, we'll have to wait and see though because it's not nearly cool enough around here to try  it out. But, when I was putting together the collage, I found this cool statement blazer. I love the color. I found a similar skirt to the one I have and put it with some gray tights and some cognac riding boots. Now, if you're not a skirt gal like me, I think khaki pants and some blue flats (that match the belt) would work fine too. I do realize the blue blazer and blue belt/shoes don't match, but I've also been trying to find colors from similar color families to put together. Accessory wise, I picked a nude clutch and a layer of pearls over a simple gold chain.


No comments:

Post a Comment