Find Me Elsewhere

Monday, August 27, 2012

Our Small Town is Getting Bigger, Bigger


Last night was date night! Boyfriend and I went to Kyoto Asian Cuisine for appetizers and sushi, our favorites there!


I got Krab Rangoons, and Dumplings for appetizers. For my sushi choices I got:
  1. Eel Cucumber Roll
  2. Philidelphia Roll- Cream Cheese and Smoked Salmon
  3. California Roll
Now onto the purpose of my post, my review of where we had dessert: Twisted Spoon Frozen Yogurt and Desserts. As I've written before, we have a small town, hence Small Town Finds, but, in the past few years we've been getting more and more stores. Back in March I noticed that we were getting two frozen yogurt bars at once! One called BrrrBerry (I haven't been there yet and I likely won't go, because my first experience at Twisted Spoon was sooooo good!), and one called Twisted Spoon. Twisted Spoon is owned by a local restaurant, and it's the one and only, not a chain. Bryan and I were both Froyo virgins, and the ladies in there last night were so nice and walked us through everything! They even let me take pictures for my blog! I will definitely be going back again and again.

 
First you get your bowl. You can get a waffle bowl in Sprinkle, Chocolate, and Rice Crispy flavor. Then you load on the yogurt, they had Chocolate, Vanilla, Luscious Lemon, Pomegranite Raspberry, EuroTart, Peanut Butter, Pecan Praline, and Cake Batter were "on tap", but the flavors can change as well, so there are more than eight kinds. We were able to sample all the flavors, and Bryan got Chocolate and I got Chocolate and Vanilla.
 


Next we went to the topping bar! They had tons of countless toppings to choose from, I believe I got Cookie Dough pieces, M&M's, White Chocolate kisses, Nutter Butter Bar pieces, and Oreos, and topped it with Reddi Whip, I couldn't tell you what all Bryan got on his, I do remember Swedish Fish and Fruity Pebbles. I even tried these little things I'd never heard of before that are called "Bobas", the lady behind the counter described them as Gushers, they're very interesting.

 
Last you go to the weighing station, you put all of the yogurt you're paying for on the scale and you pay according to how many ounces it weighs. I think the price is pretty reasonable at .45 an ounce. The lovely ladies also gave me a punch card, every time you get Froyo they punch it and the tenth time you get a free ten ounce!
 
 


The also have other desserts available, we came in pretty late, so most of their selection had been put away for the night.

 
These pictures show a little of the character of their shop, they have adorable rocking chairs and cornhole games outside, decorative spoons on the walls, a huge chalk board where they keep up with their newest Froyo record holder, and they used the space very well for the tables and chairs for customers.
 
 
My Froyo loyalty lies with Twisted Spoon! I was very satisfied with my first visit and I can't wait to visit again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment