Find Me Elsewhere

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Decorating for Halloween!

Finally, it's been weeks since I've had anything blog-worthy to write about. But, Bryan and I got into some early fall shenanigans yesterday. The day was filled with pumpkins and Halloween gags.

 
We started by stopping while on our errands to get some coffee. I got my first ever Pumpkin Spiced Frappucino.


It was soooo yummy. I love pumpkin anything. When I stock up on Hot Chocolate for the winter, I put a little Pumpkin Spice creamer in it. So delish.
Bryan got a Triple Espresso, we enjoyed our drinks outside.


Next we went to Wal*Mart and Dollar Tree to get a few decorations for the house. It was my first time decorating for Halloween. I picked up this cute pot holder and these ice cube trays from Dollar Tree.


Next we decorated our front door, with some caution tape, a door knocker, and a glow in the dark skeleton sticker. All from Dollar Tree also.


Then we hung some glow in the dark bats in the kitchen and the main doorway in the house.


Bryan was a huge help, after all, it was all of my idea to get the decorations.

Next, we wanted to gag our roommate, so we bought a "bloody shower curtain" from Rite Aid Pharmacy, and some body parts from Dollar Tree. Then we filled the bath tub with water and put in red food dye and the "body parts". He was totally fooled when he got home from work, partially because he was so tired, but it was fun!


And lastly we carved pumpkins! It was awesome, I've never carved before. We got three pumpkins, one for an entryway decoration, and two for carving. As you can see, Bryan was enjoying it.



I carved a classic pumpkin face, and then on the back I tried out something I saw on Pinterest about using a hammer to punch cookie cutters in the pumpkin. It worked great.


I am so glad that I didn't have to spend a fortune on Halloween decorations, they were affordable and they look great, in my opinion.

A little preview of tomorrow's post:

No comments:

Post a Comment