Find Me Elsewhere

Sunday, August 12, 2012

What I Learned From My Cosmo

You may not know this, but I LOVE my magazines. I picked up a Cosmo yesterday when I was at a store and yes, I know, most people read it for the sex facts, but here are a few fun things that I found in the mag that aren't about sex.


  1. "What to Do With That Leftover Puff of Mousse": You know, when you get product out of the bottle and it keeps coming out the top? If you just leave it there, it clogs the applicator, so use the mousse to tame your brows!
  2. There is a (sort of) Pinterest app for Android! I'm Pinterest obsessed and apparently if you download the Digimarc Discover App you can take a picture of something and pin it. We'll have to see if that actually works.
  3. I've always wondered how "one-size-fits-all" foundations work for people with totally different skin tones. These foundations are less pigmented and are more similar to tinted moisturizers.
  4. Eating popcorn can help you avoid cancer. Who doesn't love popcorn. The magazine warns against buying the boxed/buttered/salted kind and air popping your own at home without adding a bunch of gook to it.

 

This super cute outfit combo that I wish I had in my closet. A pencil skirt with a button up blouse and a short sleeved sweat shirt make up this ensemble, pretty cute for a sweat shirt!



Lucy Hale was on the cover, I love Lucy. I can't wait to see how her career takes off in the future, and I love her style!


Cosmo also says printed pants are in for fall, duh. Everyone knows that, but my problem with the printed pantaloons is that all the prints just seem too crazy. I might go for a nice floral print if it wasn't too covered in flowers and not to expensive, but where does one find the pants I describe?


And last but not least, Ralph Lauren is launching a fragrance line just for women and the magazine had four samples. The ones I like are pictured above which are called Ralph Lauren Pink: The Fruity Sensual Fragrance (Left), and Ralph Lauren Purple: The Daring Delicious Fragrance. Unfortunately for me, just the body mist is $23, and ain't no way I'm paying $70 for 3.4 ounces. I'll wait and see what kind of spray sets I can find around Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment