Find Me Elsewhere

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Simple Vase Re-Do

So, I had this clear vase, pretty bland. You could find one at any craft or dollar store for about a dollar. I had it in a cupboard because boyfriend likes to bring home flowers every now and then, but I felt like being crafty, yet again. I also had some yarn leftover from a failed attempt at crocheting. I recently saw some crafts on Pinterest and it got me thinking that I could wrap the yarn around the vase and glue it on.

Here's the supplies I used:

 


I started on the bottom of the vase, I wanted the whole outside to be covered.


If you've never used hot glue before, it can be messy, it's like a spider web everywhere, but 10x stickier. Hot glue guns can be bought at any craft store, Wal*Mart, or sometimes a drug store. I started layering different colors up the vase, I even had some suede cord left over from an old project, so I put some of that on there too.



This project required a lot of hot glue, and patience. But it only took about an hour to do. I loved the finished product.





No comments:

Post a Comment