Find Me Elsewhere

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Make it at Home: Meatloaf and Baked Mac and Cheese

Last night I wanted to make boyfriend a nice home cooked meal, so I decided to make a meatloaf with potatoes and some baked mac and cheese. Here's how I did it:

I first cut the potatoes into bit sized wedges, peels still on, and started to boil them. I wanted to make sure they didn't come out of the oven still hard that's why I boiled.

Then I put some spices in with the meat and formed it into a loaf. I put in:
  • Italian Bread Crumbs
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Garlic
  • Worcestershire


After I added the boiled potatoes with the meat, I put Cream of Mushroom soup all over the top of everything. I know that most meatloaf is made with ketchup and tomatos on top, but I like this, it makes it more savory.

I put it in the oven to bake at 425 for about an hour.

Make your mac and cheese according to box instructions and put it in a small pan and cover with bread crumbs. When your meat loaf has about 20 minutes left, put the mac and cheese, that way both things come out at the same time. As you can probably see the meatloaf had a lot of grease, so you'll either need to get really lean meat or cook the meatloaf in another seperate pan.



A little ambiance:


The finished product:

We drained most of the grease, so it tasted pretty good, but tonight I'm making something "cleaner".

 
***A little revision from "What I Learned from My Cosmo": I said that there was a Pinterest app by using the Digimarc app, but I downloaded it and found it difficult to use. But, good news, there actually is a Pinterest app now! I couldn't find it when looking in the app shop, but if you use your smart phone and search Pinterest in the Facebook search bar, the app should be one of the top results, just click it and it will bring you to a place to download, happy pinning!





No comments:

Post a Comment