Find Me Elsewhere

Monday, December 31, 2012

Holiday Craftiness/ Photo Dump

Horrible blogger over here! I know, what have I been doing the past two and a half months! Well, I've got lots of photo collages to show what I've been doing. I also plan on revamping my blog, taking better pictures (now that I have a camera), and just being a better blogger in general.

First let me say, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season this year. I had one of the best because of the generosity of my family, and finding out that one of my sister's is going to become a mother in July of next year. Hearing the news that I'm going to become an aunt is one of the best gifts I got this year.

I got the craftiness itch from a different angle this holiday season, after making jewelry, painting, pottery, and doing a ton of reviews this year (I will still do all of these things!), I got into sewing!

I first started making felt pillows:


1. Mr. Owl was my first pillow! I think he still may be my favorite. He's just too cute!
2. Hello Kitty! This was part of my best friend's Christmas present, she loves Hello Kitty, and so I made a   pillow up for her!
3. I made this kitty cat upon request for a friend's daughter. I started with a totally different shape in mind, but when I tried to cut it out to put together, it was just too difficult, reminding me to not over complicate things.
4. Penguin looks like a bowling pin, I know, but don'tcha just wanna give him a squeeze? I was actually watching Happy Feet when I made him. I like his little bow tie. I gave him to boyfriend's kid brother for Christmas, and he carried Penguin around all day.
5. Santa face pillow isn't my favorite, his face came out a little oblong, but hey, I've been sewing all of these guys by hand! It's harder than it looks!
6. Oh, Christmas Tree pillow, I like. A lot. I think it's too adorable with it's button ornaments.


The second thing I made quite a few of is felt dolls:


1. The Bobbsey Twins- Boyfriend's mom was giving these girls away as Christmas presents to a set of twins, about 8 years old. She picked out their pant/jacket fabrics, so I added "highlights" in their hair to match, also.
2. I made this little red headed cutie to give to Bryan's mom, she has reddish/brown hair, and she loved this doll!
3. This is not a complete picture of the elf that I crafted, I also added little white booties so that her feet weren't cold. But she was much smaller that the dolls in pictures one and two, but still just as cute!

My best friend got me a sewing machine for Christmas, so, as much as I loved making the above crafts by hand, they might come out looking a little better in the future if I can make them with a machine instead.


The last bit of pictures are from my Christmas:



1. Boyfriend and Brother-in-Law putting together the fooseball table that my grandparents bought for Bryan.
2. I also started making "phone cozies". I made all of these as stocking stuffers for my family this year.
3. Something I was super stoked about! Our Christmas tree! We wanted a real tree over an artificial, but real ones are just too expensive to just throw away later. I went to Salvation Army with Bryan's mom and grandmother and we found this 7 foot artificial, pre-lit tree for $5! It was such a good find, I don't want to take the tree down!
4. My super cozy slippers my grandma got me this year. She always gets me something interesting.



Expect pictures of my first sewing adventure that I'm documenting tomorrow!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment